Following my presentation on “Marketing and Sales Team up for Mediation Business Success,” I conducted a workshop. In one activity, I asked participants (approx. 6 at a table) with 5 tables to take a marketing tactic (brochure, newsletter, website, direct mail piece, and event) and determine these five things:
1. who has the information to do this project (if more than one person or source, list their general title or role. It could also be Internet, but specify where you would look).
2. Who will write it? Who will design it? If it’s a seminar, who will sponsor it?
3. How much time will it take to do this tactic?
4. What will it cost?
5. Who is your audience?
6. How will you get the mailing list together?
7. Who will you partner with or seek advice from to complete this project?